Apple cider vinegar can work wonders for your health. While it tastes quite bitter, it is worth the temporary discomfort. All you need is a tablespoon per day mixed with a small cup of water and you’ll receive numerous health benefits. If you are curious as to what you’ll be drinking, it is apple juice that is twice fermented.
1. It can help you lose weight. To help reduce your weight, consume apple cider on a daily basis. It has a very strong taste, so mix it in with your morning water to get it over with right away. While there is limited evidence to prove that it can stimulate weight loss, there have been studies that illustrate that it likely helps to reduce abdominal fat, body weight and waist size.
2. Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain homeostasis. Just like an ecosystem, the human body is always making an effort to achieve balance and harmony. Apple cider vinegar will assist in the maintenance of a solid alkaline level to boost energy and reduce the chances of infection.
3. It’s a means of de-toxing. While apple cider vinegar settles out the body’s pH levels, it also detoxes the body (especially the liver) and promotes blood flow at the same time.
4. It contains acetic acid that helps to control your blood sugar. Ingest apple cider vinegar and you’ll be able to digest carbohydrates slower and prevent blood sugar spikes.
5. Apple cider vinegar can make your hair appear healthier and shinier. Fill an old shampoo bottle that has been emptied with a cup of water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. After you shampoo your hair, apply the apple cider vinegar with water to your hair at least twice a week.
6. It prevents heartburn and helps to prevent stomach cramps, bloating and gas. It also functions as a laxative, though in a mild manner. So ingest some apple cider vinegar when you are constipated.
7. Apple cider vinegar helps treat sunburns. If you’ve been badly burnt after a day in the sun, prepare a bath and add a cup or two of apple cider vinegar to the water. Soak in it for ten to fifteen minutes and you’ll feel less pain from your sunburn.
8. It smells fantastic. Use apple cider when cleaning and the space that you clean will have an apple scent. You can even let some sit in the toilet bowl overnight for a nice smelling bathroom.
9. Apple cider vinegar boosts immunity as it spurs the growth of bacteria (the good kind) in your intestines. It also contains malic acid that helps to prevent the onset of colds.
10. It boosts your skin’s pH level. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and apply the resulting mixture to your face with a cotton swab. This is best done at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer.
11. It helps your teeth. Rub your teeth with apple cider vinegar and then rinse them with water. If you do this on a consistent basis, you’ll notice that your teeth appear much cleaner and have fewer noticeable stains.