Do you find your energy disappearing about midday?
Although food can keep you fueled, your body in its natural state runs on a cycle that requires a break.
Most children automatically take the break with a nap. As people grow older though, the drive to stay awake longer, and the use of stimulants to do so, prevents napping.
A power nap, a planned nap of approximately 20 to 25 minutes, can put you back on track and has many benefits:
1. A nap makes you energetic and focused.
2. A nap breaks down vitamins and minerals crucial to body maintenance.
3. A nap improves mood by increasing serotonin in the brain.
4. A nap improves the senses and helps the brain make mental connections faster.
5. A nap provides these benefits without costing any money unlike stimulants like caffeine and nicotine in products such as coffee, cigarettes and energy drinks.