At your next Summer BBQ, think about grilling up some in season veggies as your side item. Healthy and yummy!
Grilled Summer Vegetables
( Makes 6 servings )
- 3 zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 3 yellow squash sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slightly sprinkle with onion and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush the vegetables with 1/4 cup of the oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes for the bell peppers; 7 minutes for the yellow squash, zucchini and mushrooms; 4 minutes for the asparagus. Arrange the vegetables on a platter.
Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables.
Modified and Adapted from The Food Network