When you think of basil, pasta, Italian food, but do you think of basil when you have the flu? Basil is a popular herb used in many different types of food.
Basil has many health benefits for the body. Read on to learn some of these surprising facts about basil.
- Anti-stress agent
- Vitamins include within basil are K, A, Iron and Calcium
- Sharpens memory
- Anti-bacterial properties
- Fights against flu and colds
- Protects cell walls from free radical damage
- Eliminates infections
- Basil can be used as a healthy, organic option to help heal dry skin due to acne and help soothe psoriasis.
- Relieves mucus
- Heals insect bites and leech bites
- When basil is used on the skin or applied to a surface, it can fight against bacteria. It’s helpful to use on wounds or cuts.
- If you happen to have an upset stomach due to cramps, indigestion or constipation, basil can help.