1. Oregano oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help both internal and external complaints.
2. Oregano oil is an effective anti-fungal treatment that can help cases of athlete’s foot when applied topically.
3. For gastrointestinal parasites, take oregano oil orally for several weeks. You can buy pills that are easy to swallow or you can mix the oil with juice to make it more palatable.
4. You may need to take other supplements, such as iron pills, to help your body benefit from taking oregano oil.
5. Because it is very concentrated, straight oregano oil is best mixed with another type of oil when used topically. Combine a drop of oregano oil with a teaspoon of olive or coconut oil, also good for the skin, for easy application.
*To make your own oregano oil, put a quarter cup of fresh oregano sprigs in a plastic, sealable bag and pound on it to help release the oil in the leaves. Next, add a quarter cup of warm olive oil and massage the mixture. Pour into a glass container and let sit in a cool place for two weeks. Then, strain out the leaves and your oil is ready to use!